Wednesday, October 04, 2006

#16 Wiki World Wonders!

When I visited the The Bull Run Library wiki, I was reading their front page and saw a post about Berkeley Public Library's Tool Lending Library. This is an amazing service they are offering. It's an idea I'd like to pursue for PLCMC - now I just need to find a wiki about how to find a grant to match my project!

In another wiki, I came across Pandora, a tool that will "select mucis that you like based on information that your provide such as an artist you like." Then they set up a station and play continuous streaming music that matches your criteria - now that's cool. I'm listening to some great music as I write this post. Check it out - you'll like it.

Loved, loved, loved the SJCPL Subject Guides - I can definitely see the benefits of this wiki for librarians and patrons. When will PLCMC's be ready?

I can see now that I need to stop looking at more library wikis - I've got too many ideas and not enough time! Oh well - there's always next year!

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger HeleneB said...

You're doing great -- keep up the good work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home