Friday, September 22, 2006

RSS Feeds - cool!!

This was a fun one. It still amazes me how much info is on the net. Just by subscribing to a couple of the common feeds, I already found 2 articles that will help me with projects I'm working on at home. I wouldn't have thought to go to the sites they were on, but they popped right up among my feeds. It's also fun to add co-workers feeds and see how they're doing with their 2.0 adventure.

The first feed I viewed was the Shifted Librarian and I came to a article by Michael Stephens that included a video he helped create for Staff Day at their library. The video was intended to show how important every person is at the library - from the security officer opening the building, the circ staff checking people out, reference running through the stacks, and ending with the housekeepers cleaning at the end of the evening. The video was great! Check it out - http://tametheweb.com/2006/09/steal_this_idea_quicker_than_a.html
We all need to rememebr we are part of a team and no one is less important than anyone else. Thanks Michael for a fun reminder of this!!

1 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger HeleneB said...

I love this video too!! It highlights every library's best asset- staff!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home